January 9, 2012

Return of the NSX


Acura unveiled the 2012 NSX Concept at the North American International Auto Show this week, and while I find it pretty impressive, it's just off to me. I love seeing old models revived, but I believe they should still carry some visual aesthetics that speak to their heritage. The new NSX concept looks absolutely nothing like the original vehicle.

These days, concepts of high performance cars are taking on a rounded body style, the NSX is no exception.  And that's where the trouble is for me.  It's like they've updated the design a little too much.  The back end looks like a Lamborghini Gallardo, the sweeping roof line like an Audi R8, and the front end somewhat in same fashion as the BMW i8.  I'm certain there's a very good reason for that, but the NSX is just not the same, that can be either a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it.

As with any highly anticipated vehicle, the NSX will be the talk of the auto industry, and we'll be watching its progress very closely.  Honda says to expect a production model in 2015.

So what do you think of the new NSX? Hit or miss?

0 comments:

Post a Comment