January 28, 2012

Girly Bullcrap? Not In My Car!


It's true, typical girls don't have the best reputation when it comes to customizing cars: pink, sparkles, hello kitty, pink, stock bodies, pink, stock under the hood, pink, lipstick kiss decals, and pink (did I say pink already?).  Just when I thought you couldn't make a car look more ridiculously girly, I found this lovely gem on Facebook.  A car transformed into a moving makeup bag. What is this? I don't even...

Any good enthusiast will recognize we all have our freedom to do what we want to our cars, but I think some things are just too much.   This is one of those things.  I probably sound like I'm getting too wound up over it, but to me it's much more harmful than it appears. It reinforces the idea that no girl on the planet knows anything about cars (the chicks commenting on the photo actually wanted their cars to be converted into something similar, not joking).  And there lies the problem.   This is why we can't have nice things.

It's hard out here for a female enthusiast.

1 comment:

  1. LOL def agree w/you on this one. i mean, as much as i love all that girly stuff, i'm actually repulsed when most of those things go on cars because it's just associated with all the wrong things. i've found few a exceptions though! i think it adds a nice touch when it's done in frugal amounts with the right kind of mods to offset them (:

    ReplyDelete