December 31, 2011

Saying Goodbye to 2011


As the last hours of 2011 tick away,  I want to take a brief moment to reflect on the great things that have happened for me over the past year.  There's quite a bit of sentimental mush coming, but stick with me, it's all car related!


My New Year's Resolution last year was pretty simple: be a better me.  I wanted to be more spontaneous, more adventurous, more positive, and focus on doing the things I love.  I can say with pride that I've stuck to my resolution the whole year through.


So what exactly came of this? For one, this was the year I really got into my passion for cars.  I've always had a love for them, but this year it exploded into something even more amazing than it was before.  I've been to more events and more shows this year than I had been to in the previous two or three.  And I'm actively growing my knowledge of everything automotive.


Speaking of which, this is also the year I decided I was wanted to get into automotive photography.  I used to take pictures just for memories of specific cars that caught my interest.  Now, I'm working on creating amazing photos to showcase why exactly cars are so magical to me and others.  I want to inspire with my images! I think I'm off to great start so far, I just need to get my hands on one of those fancy pants DSLR's.


Perhaps the greatest moment of 2011 for me though was when I came face to face with my dream car: the Aston Martin One-77.  I can't even really describe how it felt to be mere feet away from such an exquisite and rare automotive masterpiece.  It's a moment I'll never forget for the rest of my life.


I look forward to whatever's in store for me in 2012.  I have a feeling something amazing is going to happen.  So long 2011, it's been real.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!





0 comments:

Post a Comment