April 16, 2012

Spotted - Ferrari 308 GTB

Usually mondays totally suck, but today's been AWESOME.  Got enough sleep last night, classes went well, enjoyed a frappucino on the terrace, and I ran across this Ferrari 308 GTB.  It actually wasn't only car of interest I saw today, but it's the only one I was able to get photos of.  And unfortunately I only had my phone, I should know better by now to  always have my camera on me.  Even still, what a sight!

I noticed the car as soon as it parked, and I was planning to wait until its owner had gone into one of the stores to check it out (like my usual creeper self), but he ended up walking my way, so I asked if it would be alright to get some photos.  He said yes, and I merrily skipped over, literally!

While I admire Ferraris, I'm not really crazy about them, but I've taken a liking to this model. Unlike the new cars with stereotypical Italian flamboyance, the 308 is more subtle in its appearance.  It still has a sleek supercar body, but it's not overstated. The tiny details of the side panels, slight flare of the wheel arches, and angular nose are simply perfect.  It's a reflection of the days when Ferrari cars were more about beauty than a mental design.

It may not be a big bad V12, but its 3.0L mid-mounted V8 engine is nothing to sneeze at. The 308 produced 240-255hp straight from the factory, that's a lot of ponies for a car made back in the 70's and 80's.

I'm so glad I got to see such a lovely machine.  I'm going to remember to bring my camera with me everywhere now,  so the next time I find something like this I'll be prepared!
-Etoria ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment