April 18, 2013

Spotted - Twin GT-Rs

GT-R Twins
Riverside may be out in the middle of nowhere, but it's been a bit of a hotspot for supercars lately. Last week I saw two Aston Martins which unfortunately escaped me but my discovery monday morning more than made up for it: a set of GT-R's posted up in the far lot on campus.

GT-R Twins
I just happened to be riding the bus that morning on the backside of school and something compelled me to look out across the parking lot. Although the weather was gloomy & the windows were foggy, there was no mistaking the outline of not one, but TWO GT-R's in the distance. I decided to hop off and check them out, but was sadly without my camera and only had instagram iPhone pics to show for it. So I made plans to return to the lot again with my camera two days later to see if they would be back, and they were!

GT-R Twins
I'm positively tickled by the fact I get to see stuff like this at school. It just made my day.

GT-R Twins
What made my encounter even better, was that nobody was around while I was there with them. It gave me the opportunity to really focus and get as many shots as I wanted. I was definitely in the zone, and my happy place.

GT-R Twins
What better way to spend your morning than drooling over a pair of supercars from every possible angle? In doing so, I was able to make some some differences between the red R35 and the blue one. For example, the red one has a sizeable aftermarket wing by Aeromotions...

GT-R Twins
...while the blue R35 had one from the factory.

GT-R Twins
In addition, the red twin had a tow hook on the left side of its grill...

GT-R Twins
...whereas the blue appeared to be stock there as well. Even still, its gorgeous paint was positively sparkling in the sunlight.

GT-R Twins
One thing they did appear to have in common though was that each car had a plate from R's Tuning, an aftermarket brand that's been involved with some popular GT-R builds in the community, including collaborations with Bensopra.

GT-R Twins
Apparently these cars are regulars in this lot every week, so if you hang around UCR, you'll probably see them at some point. If you do, get some pictures and make all your friends jealous! Nobody can resist the might of Godzilla.

Visit Flickr for more photos of these two and other cool cars I see on campus.
-Etoria ❤

0 comments:

Post a Comment