August 29, 2012

I Officially Have a Girl Crush on Tia Norfleet

As a female enthusiast, I cannot help but get excited when I learn of the achievements women are making in the automotive world. It just reinforces what I (and you should also) already know to be true: women can hold their own with men in the industry.   I won't spend too much time blathering on with girl power nonsense, I'll just cut to the chase: I officially have a girl crush on Tia Norfleet.

If you don't know the name, you will soon.  Tia is the first and only black woman to acquire a NASCAR driving license to date.  Racing is in her blood, she is the daughter of former NASCAR driver Bobby Norfleet.  As a child, she spent her days working on cars with her dad if she wasn't watching him race. Now 24, she has earned her place in NASCAR and will be one to watch this season.  She also works with the Safe Teen Georgia Driving Academy and is an ambassador for Safe America Driving.

I cannot even begin to express my absolute fascination with her.  She's intelligent, attractive, knows her trade, and carries herself in such a way that she commands respect from her peers and fans. To me, she is the ideal image of what women should be striving for in the car community. No offense to bikini girls and booth babes, but this is how you get taken seriously in the industry, take note ladies.



Congratulations to Tia for an amazing break out into a male-dominated sport, I wish you the best of luck in your career.  Keep doing what you're doing, I'll be cheering for you!

Get more on Tia from her official website and her facebook page.
-Etoria ❤

0 comments:

Post a Comment